Yep, we’re closing down the theater this coming season. We’re sad to see it close, but on the plus side, since we’re spreading out our shows over different venues, that means there are even more options for parking! Check out the info below to find out more about where you can park this coming season when you go see shows at Mills Hall, Music Hall, Morphy Hall and Union South:
Parking For Mills Hall and Music HallClick here to view our Parking Map
Reserved ParkingYou may reserve a parking space at lot 6, 7, 46, 80, 83, subject to availability, when you buy your tickets.
Parking For Mills Hall, Morphy Hall and Music HallClick here to view our Parking Map
Reserved ParkingArts events parking, including Union Theater Season events, can be purchased in advance from Campus Arts Ticketing, 608-265-ARTS (2787), 821 University Ave., entrance at the East Campus Mall. Lots available are 6, 7, 46, 80 and 83. Subject to availability.
Public ParkingSeveral campus and city parking lots near Mills Hall, Morphy Hall and Music Hall are available to the general public. Their rates are likely to change this coming September. They include the following:
· The UW Grainger Hall (UW Lot 7) parking garage is open daily after 5:00 pm for a $7 pay-on-entry fee; enter from Brooks Street, between University Avenue and W. Johnson, turn right after entering and proceed to the booth attendant at the gated area.
· UW Lot 46, on the northeast corner of W. Johnson and Lake Streets, has 4- and 10-hour meters available to the public on weekends and after 5:00 pm weekdays ($1.25 per hour).
· Helen C. White parking lot (UW Lot 6). The lower section of this lot is open to the public as an 8-hour metered lot ($1.00 per hour).
· The city-owned Lake and Frances Street parking ramps (between State Street and University Avenue) have a $5.00/day on-entry fee after 6:00 pm. Parking is more expensive on days of Kohl Center events.
· Lot 7 (Under Grainger Hall, corner of Park and University, enter on Brooks St.) Permits are $7.
· Lot 83 (Under Fluno Center, corner of Frances and University, enter on Frances St.) Permits are $5 and are available from the attendant.
Free Parking Options after 4:30pm
· Lot 25 and 26 (along Observatory Drive) Less than 3 blocks from Mills Hall, Morphy Hall and Music Hall
· Lot 34 (Turn left from Park St. onto Observatory Drive, travel 1/2 mile, turn right onto Babcock Drive turn right at 1st street then into lot 34) Take the Lakeshore path 3 blocks east to the Union Theater, then one block down to find Music Hall. Across North Park Street is Mills Hall.
Parking for Union South
Parking for Theater Season events at Union South is conveniently located and available in lot 80 (under Union South) and lots 17 (North of Camp Randall, 1525 Engineering Drive) and 20 (McArdle Lab/MSC, 1390 University Avenue)--both within 2 blocks of Union South. Pull a ticket upon entrance, pay by the hour as you leave: $1.25 for the first hour and $1.00/hr thereafter (max of $5) after 4:30pm weeknights. Lots 17 and 20 are free on Saturday and Sunday.
Free parking is available in the following lots starting at 4:30pm (no baselot permit is needed for these lots):
· Lot 16 (Police Station, 48 N. Randall Ave)
· Lot 51 (30 N. Mills Street, 30 N. Mills Street)
· Lot 54 (Weeks Hall, 112 N. Charter Street)
· Lot 56 (Zoology Research, 255 N. Charter Street)
If you have a campus baselot parking permit, you may also park for free in Lot 13 (Computer Sciences, 1217 W Johnson Street) but you must make sure you display your baselot permit. There is also paid meter parking available in Lot 18 (Camp Randall, 1420 Monroe St) for $1.50 per hour.
Free parking in these lots may end when Transportation Services implements nighttime parking fees in many campus lots starting on September 1st. Check http://www.news.wisc.edu/20552 for the most up-to-date information on which lots will incur these new costs.